We would like to help you keep your home safe during your vacation break. If you plan on leaving your home for more than 7 days, here are a few things you should do:
- If weather conditions warrant, keep your heat at 55° F; this will help keep any pipes from freezing. *Tenants are responsible for any damages caused by frozen/leaking pipes*
- Open up cabinets under sinks to allow heat to get to the pipes.
- It would be best to have someone keep an eye on your home while you’re out.
- Also know, as a courtesy, IF we see an emergency has occurred, we will take care of it and contact you immediately
- For security reasons, you should put anything of value to you out of sight. Or, take it with you (i.e. electronics, TV, watches, jewelry, bikes, sports equipment, etc.).
- Double check that ALL your windows are locked.
- Double check that ALL your doors/deadbolts are locked.
- Dark homes look vacant. Leave a light on, or set up a timer on a lamp.
- It might be a good idea to contact the Post Office and request a hold on your mail until you return, also do the same for newspapers, etc.
- Lastly, we can accept up to two months’ rent at any time. Please make sure your payments are cashable at the time you drop them off and do not postdate payments. Be sure to have your monthly rent mailed to, or in, our office at 1953 Garden Ave, Eugene, Oregon 97403, so that it reaches us on or before the 4th of the month, or you will be charged a $50 late fee.
IMPORTANT: it is required that you leave us a Vacation Notice. We’ve provided one for you below. Please print, complete, and return to our office along with any other questions or concerns.