Having trouble with your garbage disposal or other items in your home? Watch our Maintenance Virtual Tour YouTube videos! These videos are designed to help save you a possible service call fee. Find videos on our website here
or, Mallard Properties YouTube page
One of the most common preventable maintenance items we face is mold and mildew clean up. Your help with this is appreciated and very necessary!
To help prevent the growth of lifestyle mold use fans in kitchens, laundry areas and bathrooms, especially when showers are in use.
- Leave interior doors open as often as possible to allow air and heat to circulate. Good air circulation will help prevent lifestyle mold from forming.
- Leave a few inches of space between the walls and your possessions.
- Eliminate sources of moisture, such as aquariums, and wipe down windows and window sills. Raise blinds off of the window sill by an inch or two to help air movement.
- Periodically check to make sure that the dryer vent hose is connected. This helps pull moisture out of the building as well.
- Keep your thermostat for heating set on at least 60 degrees to help dry out moisture in the air.
To eliminate existing lifestyle mold, Use a mold abatement product, such as Home Armor Mildew Stain Remover Blocker (as with all cleaning products use only as directed and do not mix cleaning products).
Here is link a YouTube video explaining prevention and cleaning of mold.
Remember, it is imperative that you notify someone immediately if there is any sign of water leaks, moisture from windows, doors, kitchen or bathrooms. These leaks not only provide a perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew, they can also lead to water damage of floors and walls.
So, be proactive and take care of these things as soon as possible.