When you are a resident of Mallard Properties the service does not stop once you sign your lease. To make your renting experience enjoyable we provide numerous time saving tools. For all our properties we offer online rent payments, so you can forget about paper checks, and online maintenance requests, to make sure your issues are addressed as quickly as possible. We take the hassle out of leasing so we can give you more time to do the things you love.
Steps to Renting an Apartment or House
- Available listings will be posted on our website on our available properties page during the second week in February.. Choose 3 units that you like and meet your rental criteria. (i.e. rent amount, included parking, location, move in date and amenities)
Have everyone in your group fill out the following:
- Read and sign the Application Guidelines (page 1 & 2 of the Application forms)
- Co-signer Form (found on our website, should be filled out and signed by your co-signer) If you are not using a co-signer, you will need to provide pay stubs, employer contact, current tax records and/ or bank statements verifying an income of 3 times the monthly rent.
- Copy of each person’s photo ID. (Driver’s license, Student ID or Passport).
- Keep in mind that we do not have an application fee. However, we do rent our properties on a first come first serve basis. This means that the group who has all components of their paperwork completed & turned into our office is put in first place.
- We recommend that you bring your completed paperwork with you to your tour. This will allow you to hand deliver your applications for review at that time.
- Applications can be filled out for a specific property and submitted online. Remember you will need to attach your completed Co-Signer form and a copy of your photo ID in the space provided for attachments.
- Call or email our office to schedule a tour. Our phone number and email address are listed below. You may choose to put in your applications without touring a property in order to be first in line. If you choose to go this route, there will not be a viewing available until you move in.
- Once we have everything, we will start checking your rental references. This takes 2 to 3 days, depending on how quickly we hear back from former landlords. You may want to give your current landlord a heads up courtesy call.
- We will call your groups lead person as soon as we know if you are approved.
- Once approved, you will be instructed on how much your groups deposit is and what to bring to the Deposit to Hold appointment. Deposit amounts range between $600.00 per person and can be as much as 3 times your monthly rent, depending on your rental history, and if all necessary requirements have been met.
- Deposit to Hold appointments will be scheduled upon approval or no later than 24 hours. Your groups full deposit amount must be paid at this time and your Deposit to Hold contract signed in order to hold the property for a later move in. If contract is not signed and deposit paid within the agreed upon time, we will move on to the next set of applications.
We are happy that you are interested in Mallard Properties and look forward to providing an enjoyable living experience.